Sunday, August 15, 2010

House in Chaos

We have really been organizationally challenged over these past few weeks. We had carpet installed the first week of August and it has left us with stuff EVERYWHERE. I am definitely not the most organized person in the world but this is crazy. I think the problem is that we are trying not to bring anything back in to the house which we don't need. So this has made for about 3 visits by the big truck that picks up donations around here...and we still have enough crap for at least one or two more visits.

From 2010-08-08 carpet


The good news in this is that Lily's room is coming together a little bit. The rocking chair was delivered and I am ready to put some more furniture together just as soon as Jeff takes apart the bed that is plop in the middle of the floor in there. I told some friends that I was working on the nursery and one asked me how long we had left. I said about 6 months-ish and they made a comment about how I am preparing the nursery so early. Let me just say that after 5 years of waiting, preparing 6 months ahead is like trying to do all the work for a new baby in the last trimester. Not to mention that I want it to be PERFECT.

From 2010-08-08 carpet


And there is still a long way to go before we can claim perfection. Jeff had to cut the bottoms off all the doors last week since this carpet is about 1/2 inch taller than the previous threadbare stuff.

From 2010-08-08 carpet

Even the guest bedroom is in chaos. I guess we better clear it out before anyone comes to visit.

At least we now have a good foundation. $6000 worth of carpet. It feels squishy under my feet. Let the clean sweep begin.

No comments: