We had lots of snow (for Alabama standards) on Friday. It was supposed to be 1-3 inches but I think we got a bit more than that. I was off work so I kind of hunkered down at the house. And made a tiny sad snowman...

It was a Winter Wonderland. I have honestly never seen it like this here before. It was pretty but a pain for an area that doesn't have the infrastructure to support winter weather. In fact, Jeff was mandated to spend the night at the hospital because they felt he might not be able to make it back if there were to be an emergency. So he spent the evening in the Cath Lab waiting room with his buddy, Mr. TV and then tried to sleep on a stretcher. He made it home Saturday morning but was pretty pooped.

And because she is never far from our thoughts, I had to memorialize this snowstorm for our little girl-to-be. I wish she was here to make snowmen and have snowball fights with us. I can just imagine her in her little puffy snowsuit giggling and making a snow angel.
Someday....I hope.

We are supposed to get some more snow tonight and I have to work so I am taking extra scrubs and Weight Watchers food because it's a pretty safe bet that I will be stuck at the hospital until my shift Monday night. Hopefully I can get a room at the hospital's hotel or else I will be begging for a stretcher too. This snow stuff is pretty and all but I am so ready for the warmth and sunny skies to return.
1 comment:
your snowman looks like a snow duck. =)
Post a Comment