I have been taking a little breather from blogging lately but I'm back. I guess I can attribute my absence to the treachery of working night shift. That really plays with your mind, I'll tell you. But now...I'm switching back to day shift starting tomorrow and I'm counting on getting my life and sanity back. Not to mention that I am completely convinced now that we will have our baby girl home in the next year. Don't use that conviction against me if it doesn't happen but I do believe we will be celebrating our last Easter basket-less this year. And I'm hoping all of our friends and family will be around next year to play bunny and revel in little girl giggles.
Some other things that have been going on:
Mom and Dad were here for 2 weeks and, although we didn't get to spend a whole lot of time together, I am reminded how much I treasure my folks. They are incredible.
I have been listening to podcasts, audiobooks and tons of NPR stuff on my iPod while commuting and have some reviews to post at some point. If you want a good chick-audio book, I would recommend The Help. It was a thought provoker for me.
Breslie and I spent the day together yesterday getting eyebrow waxed, having lunch and craft shopping. I miss my sis. Hopefully we can do more together with my new schedule.
Jeff and I are starting to run again and it's going pretty well. We are just up to 2 miles but my body is remembering how great it felt to put one foot in front of the other and cleanse myself, mind and body. While running is super hard on my knees, it is so incredible for my state of mind and I am hoping to keep it up through the summer. We are looking for some 5K's to break back in to the racing mode too.
I have lost almost 25 lbs out of my 40 lb goal. One positive about working nights is that there is no time to eat. Hopefully I can keep up my momentum while I shake things up a bit. It doesn't hurt that I now have Mom and Dad's elliptical in my basement calling to me every spare minute. I have used it A LOT and love having the convenience of some hard core cardio right here in my house.
I haven't seen any of my friends in MONTHS. That will hopefully be remedied soon as well.
Where are my nephew dogs? I need some play time with both of them. And they need to meet each other.
Ok that's it for now. I am going to find some pics to post too since I have taken such a huge blog vacation. I know I have to have some stored up somewhere.
No comments:
Post a Comment