Sunday, November 08, 2009

Touching base

This was a big week. I finished my 3rd week of my new job and Jeff and I celebrated our 8th anniversary. I really can't believe it has been 8 years since that sunny day in November where we pledged our futures. This weekend we went to a funeral for Jeff's sister-in-law who passed away a little over a week ago. It seems like we have a lot of these sad times interspersed with life these days. We were so surprised, however, to see the preacher who married us and his wife at the funeral. Parnell took his first preacher assignment at the little church in the neighborhood where Jeff's parents grew up, where Jeff grew up and where a lot of his family remains. He knew Jeff's mom and dad quite well and, for that and for the fact that he officiated our marriage, we will forever be connected. We haven't seen them in quite a few years and it was really so nice to reconnect with them and assure them that we are hanging in there. We were the first couple that Parnell had ever married and he was truly nervous that day. Since then, he has started teaching marriage classes for his new congregation in Florida. He said he was going to be talking about us this week :). I also asked him and his wife to help us in prayer for our little girl. They were surprised and happy to hear about the adoption. Hopefully the next time we see them, we can introduce them to our little Lily and they can help teach her about the roots of the Massey family.

Mom and Dad also celebrated their anniversary this week...36 years. Woot woot!

I know I have been a bad blogger lately. I have just made a couple posts to mark some things that are going on but haven't had a lot of time to really post like I would like to. The commute and working has been overwhelming and I will be back to whatever normal is soon. Hopefully this will be my last 5 day week and I will be working three 12 hour shifts starting a week from tomorrow.

:)

No comments: