Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Twas the night before NCLEX...

Life has been filled with the process of becoming a nurse lately...from exit exams to finals to pinning to applying for permission to take boards to actually scheduling boards. I received my permission to test yesterday morning and quickly moved into scheduling mode. To my surprise the only test date available for the rest of August in Birmingham was this morning at 8am...a mere 20 hours after I actually received the approval to take my exam to gain registered nursing licensure. So...in the whimsical, spontaneous and ever-prepared fashion in which I live (and with a little prodding from Dad and Jeff), I scheduled myself to take my boards this morning. No pressure or anything...just a test that represents the culmination of everything I have been working toward for the past couple of years and which could make or break my future career. So with this looming, why not throw caution to the wind and go to a baseball game?!?

Regions Field with the tarp to protect the infield from the torrential downpour of the evening

We all caught frisbees with free Alabama Adventure tickets attached. There were so few people there due to the rain that everyone in attendance got one.

And it was quarter weinee night...Jeff and Dad did well to have only 6 hot dogs between the two of them.


It's hard to be the only woman in a crowd of testosterone but I guess I gotta say that I love it...my goofy men and all.
There's no better way to spend the night before boards than with two of my favorite men at a quarter weinee, frisbee-filled, rained out minor league baseball game.




No comments: