Monday, August 24, 2009

Boards are done and I'm moving on...

I wasn't the only one who was ecstatic when I passed my boards last week. My sweet hubby was just as stoked. So much so that he decided to get me a little treat...

a very special card personalized card with my two favorite letters - R and N....

and a dozen beautiful roses that I have been staring at every day.
Now that boards are done, I have some time on my hands as I search for a job. The job market is pretty horrendous these days and I have to say that I am having a lot of anxiety about it. Hopefully I will have some good fortune soon in that arena but in the meantime it's time to get rid of the school crap and restore life to it's normal state. This includes the shelf that held my nursing school books, notebooks, notecards and various other goods. It was a mess...


The school books have found their new home in the basement in my medical library that I will use as reference during my career (as soon as I have one) and the pretty purple boxes with all of our photos have come back. There's even an empty shelf waiting to be filled with something special...I'll have to see what I can come up with.


Today started a new semester at my old school and it feels so weird not to be reporting to class, begging for a clinical schedule and stressing over the next ERI exam. I'm not even worried about how much information I've retained since NCLEX is over. I am just excited to find out where my career takes me so that I can be the best that I can be wherever I end up.


No comments: