Monday, February 23, 2009

Shopping Cart Klepto

Obviously I don't have much going on lately because I am about to blog about another Wal-Mart incident. Seriously sad, isn't it? So this week I was shopping as usual and loaded a few things into my cart - some veggies, bread, yarn, yada yada. I don't know how many people do this but often when I am in Wal-Mart, I leave my cart at the end of a crowded aisle when I only need one thing in said aisle because the huges masses of people prevent me from maneuvering my cart without seriously wanting to ram someone head on. So I parked my cart at the end of the shampoo aisle...innocently going to grab some Herbal Essences and return toot-sweet to continue my shopping adventure. When I returned to my cart, shampoo in hand, I found a glassy eyed woman steering it away from me. What do I do? Did I say, "Excuse me, I believe you have my cart."? That would have been the reaction that would make the most sense, right? Well...no I didn't. I proceeded to follow the woman with my cart up and down 3 aisles of Wal-Mart until she left it to go look at something and then I snuck behind her and stole my cart back. The strange thing is that I passed right by her with said cart and she didn't even give me an awkward glance. Instead, she maintained the glassy eyed visage.
You know what the real stinker is? Out of the 30 check-out lines at the Super Wal-Mart, she chose to get in line right behind me to pay for her goods. But were they really her goods or had she stolen someone else's cart too?? Hmmm....

No comments: