So...I will return to one of my favorite topics...Jeff and his goofiness. He was all a-grin this past weekend cause his favorite past-time has returned to television. Strange how one person's joy is another person's eye-rolling extravaganza.
No mas Sundays of sports free bliss in this household. Poop. On another topic, I am really on the countdown to nursing school graduation now...not so much excited (although it is there) as so, so ready to get back to work. Although school is mostly enough to keep me occupied, it doesn't bring in any bucks...and my hair needs a new do. So there is now less than 6 months on the nursing school countdown. The last official day of school should be August 7th. Dude sweet.
And finally...since I spent a long time writing it, I am going to post my "25 Random Things" here. It was a Facebook thing but it is blog-worthy too.
1. I know that writing this will take me hours and I have a million other things to do but I am gonna do it anyway.
2. I played the viola when I was in the 6th grade. I loved it and remember vividly holding a "concert" for my family at my grandmother's house in Orlando and playing Oh Susanna.
3. I am a horrible communicator. Some of that comes from my aversion to talking on the phone. Text messaging and e-mail are my friends. My horrible communication does not correlate at all to how much I love my friends and family...it's just a flaw in my otherwise perfect personality (ha ha!).
4. I actually did wear leg-warmers over my jeans for the entire year that I was in 4th grade. I also had kinda feathered hair and LOVED Olivia Newton-John. Thus, I am going to see her in concert on Feb. 28th and will continue my obsession by doing the "Physical" dance from my 6th row seat.
5. I worked in non-profit for 10 years. I liked having a job with a heart but I ALWAYS wanted to work in health care. SO...I left it all behind and am almost finished with nursing school. This is one dream that I am proud to have pursued.
6. I am a picture fanatic. I carry my digital camera in my purse and document EVERYTHING with a picture. I also do lots of self-pictures (solo and group) to memorialize occasions. My family has reflexive eye rolling every time I reach into my purse.
7. I love to read and write poetry. I started writing when I was a wee kid and still enjoy it when something inspires me. I find that it really is the best way to express myself. My favorite modern day poet is Maya Angelou.
8. I am insanely close to my family. My parents and siblings are really my best friends. We talk to each other at least once a day and they are always the first people I want to call when I'm happy, sad or just peeved. I am so extremely lucky.
9. I complain about my husband. Who doesn't, right?!? That doesn't mean that I don't count the minutes until he gets home every night.
10. I am a closet foodie. Well...maybe not so closet. I love food, love trying new restaurants, am always on the lookout for new, healthy (low point) snacks. I have Birmingham and Atlanta restaurant review websites saved in my favorites and I check them often to see if there is some place new I should be visiting to feed this obsession. One of the most recent places I've tried was LottaFrutta in Atlanta...I highly recommend it for a "hole in the wall" treat.
11. I taught myself to knit and crochet via YouTube. My great grandmother taught me a basic chain stitch in crochet when I was like 6 but I never made it further. Since my YouTube lessons in December, I have knitted a scarf and crocheted a baby afghan, skinny scarf and 3 hats. It has become my stress reliever so high stress = hats for everyone :).
12. I hate sports. I know...hate is a strong word. As unpopular as it is here in Alabama, I don't like college football but I make myself suffer through just to placate my husband. I really, really wanna like it but I just can't. I even try wearing the attire, ask questions to try to understand it better and search the cable guide for the SEC teams. It doesn't help. I also hate Nascar. I hate golf. I hate basketball. I hate baseball. I like to watch the Olympics but that is only every 2-4 years, right?
13. I have a closet full of professional clothes that I KNOW I will never wear again. I haven't worked in an office in over a year but I haven't cleaned out my closet yet "just in case". I am happy that my future holds lots of scrub-wearing and sneakers but I just can't let it go quite yet.
14. I am a lifetime member of Weight Watchers. Over 2 years, I lost 199.6 lbs and made my goal. I constantly struggle with my weight and right now have about 20 lbs (well...maybe 25) to lose but I am extremely proud of myself nonetheless. If given the chance to tell someone about Weight Watchers and my story, I seize the moment.
15. I am bossy. For some people this is aquired over time but I was truthfully born bossy. My parents have a tape of us kids when I was about 4 and I was bossing my siblings and talking over them even then. I hate to hear that tape but I know I am STILL that way. My excuse is that I can't control it...it is written in my genes.
16. I am a coffee addict. One of my "heavens" is my Dad's coffee station with his Keurig, Tassimo and cappucino maker with every flavor of coffee and creamer within arms reach. I could spend $100 a week at Starbucks on skinny caramel lattes in the winter and caramel frappucino lights in the summer.
17. I DVR Judge Judy and Divorce Court for my husband every day. Watching these mindless shows at the end of a long work day is his guilty pleasure and I love to see him laugh out loud when Judge Judy chews out some clueless defendant.
18. I blog, therefore I am. I am also trying to figure out Twitter. Jeff says I put myself "out there" too much but I just say WHATEVER. If you don't like it, don't read it, right?!?
19. Some times I zone out. I know I'm doing this when Jeff taps me and says, "Whatcha thinking?". My answer is mostly that I'm thinking about one of four things...being somewhere warm with the sun shining on me, what I'm going to fix for dinner, school and what I need to be studying or my baby girl in China and when I will hold her.
20. Jeff and I decided to adopt a child from China 1,203 days ago. This decision has defined my life since that moment.
21. I sing in the car. Some times I am singing folksy songs with the Indigo Girls, rapping with Jay-Z or head banging with Linkin Park. If you pass me on the road, just ignore my party please. 22. Sometimes I go to the greeting card aisle at Wal-Mart and just read the cards. So - I have too much time on my hands. I just like to read them...sue me.
23. I want to be a perpetual student. Really, I want to continue my education and become a nurse practitioner specializing in some kind of critical care area or oncology. I believe, fully in my heart, that this career is part of my purpose.
24. I can't sit through an entire movie. If I go to the movie theater, I have to take a self-imposed intermission. I just can't manage to sit still long enough to enjoy a whole 2-3 hour movie.
25. I am a dreamer. Always have been, always will be.
No comments:
Post a Comment