I actually can not believe that we have made a tangible step in the adoption process. 13 months and 13 days after our dossier was stamped "Logged In" in China, we are out of the review room!! That means that someone in China has scrutinized Jeff and I and has passively deemed us suitable to raise a wee baby from China. I am ecstatic right now!! I even got an e-mail from Michelle at our adoption agency congratulating us that we are out of review....WOOOHOOOO!!We will still have to wait about 2-3 weeks to feel completely in the clear because sometimes it takes a little time for lingering questions to make it to the US from China but even that is unlikely. I have only read about 3 people who have received questions from the June LID group and they ranged from the husband having nicknames in the documents to the couple leaving out a phrase about promising not to neglect or abandon their child in the letter to China and one unknown. These questions can seem minor but can potentially cause some problems in the adoption process.
So today is a day to celebrate...one step closer to mommy and daddy-hood!!
1 comment:
Yippie! That's super exciting!
Post a Comment