Friday, January 05, 2007

Friday Five: Adoption and the New Year

#1 Do you have any New Years Resolutions this year?
Not really... not to be a bummer but I don't want to set myself up for failure. I do have life goals though that I am working on making progress on this year. They include: becoming as healthy and fit as I can be, broadening my career possibilities, not being so OCD about the adoption and trying my best to create a happy life for me and Jeff.

#2 What is your best guess for when we will receive referrals?
I just did the China adoption forecast on the www.chinaadoptionforecast.com site and it told me around May 9, 2008 but that it could be any time between August of 2007 and December of 2010. My own personal best guess would be between December, 2007 and March, 2008...many many moons from now.

#3 What have your thoughts been about the new regulations that CCAA has scheduled to go in place by May 1st of this year?
They will prevent Jeff and I from adopting from China again which is a hope that I had before the new regulations came out. Jeff says as long as we get through this one we will be fine, right? I understand the reasoning behind them but that doesn't make my heart hurt any less.

#4 Do you believe that things will speed up or remain the same or get longer?
I believe that things will stay the same for a while and then possibly speed up slightly. I have been optimistic every month when referrals come out, hoping that this will be the month. It hasn't happened yet so I am losing a little bit of my optimism.

#5 If you could wish for one thing for your child, right now, what would it be?
It is hard to narrow a kazillion wishes down to one...I do wish that if she is born then her mother's heart is healing and that she is somewhere safe and healthy - if she is not born then I wish that her mother will have peace with her decision and know in her heart that a family is anxiously waiting for the gift that she will give...and that she will leave our baby girl somewhere safe and warm where she will be found quickly.

And now a wish for me...

That I can live the quote that was the insipiration at my Weight Watchers meeting this morning (in all areas of my life):

"It is good to have an end to journey toward, but it is the journey that matters
in the end."

-Ursula LaGuin

No comments: