Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Yes I like country music

I know I may get some ridicule for my choice of music but I must admit that sometimes I do listen to some country...really just the crossover pop country stuff but country nonetheless. Today I was lifting weights at the gym and I had my Ipod on shuffle songs - the Lonestar song "I'm already there" came on and I proceeded to bawl my eyes out at the tricep machine. Lately I have had an extra rough time dealing with the wait for our little girl (haven't I said that before?) so I guess that makes me even more emotional than usual but this put me over the top. Here are some of the lyrics:
I'm already there
Take a look around
I'm the sunshine in your hair
I'm the shadow on the ground
I'm the whisper in the wind
I'm your imaginary friend
And I know I'm in your prayers
Oh I'm already there

We may be a thousand miles apart
But I'll be with you wherever you are

Baw-haw-haw...that's the sounds of me bawling my eyes out at the tricep machine. Maybe the intent of the song isn't to make me think about my baby (who probably isn't born yet) possibly on the other side of the world alone while I long to hold and comfort her but it sure did the trick.

No comments: