
Jeff and I took a trip to North Carolina this weekend with our friends Sythan and Josh (and of course their adorable son, Caleb) from Georgia to visit our friends Lee and Vinay. We really had a great time and I can't say enough about how great Lee and Vinay were to us. They really went out of their way to make sure we had a good time and to make sure we didn't have to worry about a thing. I truly truly truly appreciate having such great friends and am reminded again of how fortunate I am to have great people in my life.
Sythan, Josh, Caleb, Jeff and I spent 5 1/2 hours in the car each way together and it made the Road Trip enjoyable and speedy. I had so much fun playing with Caleb and miss him already! It's great how some "Peek-A-Boo" can make the hours fly by. :)
5 Things that Lee did that make her a fantastic and
selfless hostess(in no specific order):
*She slept on the floor (yes, the FLOOR) so that Jeff and I could have her room.*When we woke up Sunday morning, she had breakfast already ready for us and she and Vinay made us fantastic spaghetti for lunch on Saturday (they are multi-talented - doctors, home improvement gurus, chefs and technology pros).
*She made my birthday so special by having a Tweety balloon for me when we got there and a delicious M&M ice cream cake from Carvel late that night - I felt like a queen.
*She made us feel completely at home every minute of our trip.
*Finally, she was herself. All spunk, laughter, sincerity, caring and amazing uniqueness.
Thanks to Lee and Vinay and to Sythan, Josh and Caleb for making this past weekend fantastic!!
No comments:
Post a Comment