We spend way too much time at the one stop St@rbucks, lunch, grocery, clothes, toiletry mega-mart known as Tar-jay. Lils has a hard time containing her excitement and I'm ashamed to admit that I'm the mom screaming down the aisles as my kid runs out of control all over the place. This setting seems to invite energetic rebellion. It's the long aisles that just invite sprinting, the clothes racks that look like gymnastics equipment, and the mountains of toys and games which can be rolled, thrown, scooped, and kicked.We're struggling for control and independence right now and, quite often I feel like the loser. I'm sure I'm not alone in this mommy struggle and I'm not the only one who feels like "4 years old" is a mental health diagnosis rather than a statement of age. How can this sweet, smiley face be so smart, loving, and witty one moment and such a challenge of wills the next?!?! It's a good thing this love I have for her is completely unconditional. Maybe it's not my child....maybe it's the red and white bullseye that makes us both crazy. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment