Monday, April 13, 2015

Long time no blog

I can't believe it has been SOO long since I have blogged.  I really remember the joy that blogging brought me and I miss it.  I hope to dive right back in but I'm not making any promises.  Lots of things have happened in our household over the past few years and I'm not even going to try to cover it all but some of the main things that are relevant to us now..

1. Munchkin is now 4 1/2 and in pre-school, dance and vivacious.  She's challenging, loving, sweet, beautiful and continues to be my dream come true.  Nothing makes me happier than her new habit of randomly telling me that she loves me. 
2. My weight struggle is in full blown failure mode right now.  I have gained a ton of my original weight back and feel horrible.  My running isn't possible until I lose some poundage and, unfortunately, this struggle impacts my life in a big way. 
3. I'm back in school.  Following a tough decision and many second guessing episodes since, I am now almost finished with my 3rd semester of graduate school.  I'm going to UAB and in the Family Nurse Practitioner program, scheduled to graduate in the summer of 2016.  I hope every day that this was the right decision for our family.  I am still working full time but will have to cut some hours in the Fall when I start clinical rotations.
4. We are still extremely fortunate to have the support and love of our family.  My parents are moving even closer to us....not even 10 minutes up the street.  Papa is still taking care of our girl during work days and they have an unbelievable bond. 

That's probably enough for now.  Hope to be back soon.

No comments: