Wednesday, November 23, 2011

10 Years

On November 4, 2001, Jeff and I walked down the aisle, promised to love each other forever and started our journey.


On November 4, 2011, we celebrated 10 years of that journey....which has led us to this....

A family


So this year, we stood on the beach and promised again to love each other forever. This time, it means something a little different. Our journey has led us here to the most special place we could have ever dreamed. It's easy to look at my husband and my amazing and beautiful child and see my future because they are my future. Loving them is just second nature.

As we poured sand in to the glass, a little for Jeff, a little for me and a little for Lily, I remembered the day that we were so nervous worrying about flowers and food for the reception, our song choices and would everyone show up. But this was simple...


Just us, me, Jeff, Lily, my parents and the preacher. It was a surprise that Jeff pulled together to celebrate our new lives and our fresh start.



Because we have so much more to love now than ever...







1 comment:

Krista said...

What a sweet husband you have! Happy Anniversary!!

And can I just say wow... I never would have recognized you in your wedding photo. What an accomplishment!! Don't ever get down on yourself for gaining a few pounds here or there. You look fabulous! Such an inspiration. :)