Jeff and I joined the Couch to 10K program this week....AGAIN. We have done this program twice before and we really love it. Basically it's supposed to be a bunch of out-of-shape people who get together to be trained to complete a 5K (Race for the Cure on Oct. 9) and a 10K (Vulcan Run on Nov. 6). The running coach is very motivational, we meet for group runs a few times a week and it is at a pace that we can stand. While we are not absolutely new to running, I am pretty out of shape and really need this. Of course Jeff''s legs are 15 feet long and he is resilient so he can run like he never took a break at all. More than getting back in to shape, running gives me a peace and mental break that I long for. It really is the best kind of therapy.
So we took part in our first group run on Monday and here we were, ready to take the bull by the horns and toss it over our shoulders.

And here we were after the first run, sweaty and beat...but still smiling.

And lastly, our running coach challenged us to add a new element to this running season. For every mile that we run, we are going to put $1 in to our new Peggy the piggy bank. After we finish the season or reach our goal (we are so hoping to complete the Mercedes Half-Marathon in February - walk or run or ralk), we will empty the bank and do something special.

Isn't she cute?!? I think right now she bears an odd resemblance to the out-of-shape coucher that I am. Hopefully not for long. Oink oink.
1 comment:
Love the $1 per mile idea. I may have to start something like that.
Best of luck in your program. The C25K program really works.
Post a Comment